Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Journal 5 - Dive

I did not realize how much food America throws away in a year. After watching the film “Dive” I realized that a lot of food goes to waste. I think it is important to eliminate this, only because there are many countries that are suffering from starvation. I think we should be the good people that we are and make it known that we are not a country of wasting, but a country that helps other countries. In the film, Dive, it mentions that Haiti was the poorest country. With that being said, we can get together and form a mode of transportation to supply them with food. I do not think that it is fair for anyone to die from starvation.  There is no need to throw away food before the best by date. As the president passed a law that stated no one will be penalized or sued for giving food away. I think the food banks have done a tremendous job in feeding the homeless. I know that there are many people or are not as fortunate and do not have the money to buy food, and I am thankful for the food banks in our country. Only if we can extend that, and start shipping the food overseas then that would eliminate many children dying by at a young age. I am also thankful for the people who dumpster dive. I know my brother was a “bum” as they might say, but he chose to live his life that way. He is doing very well thanks to Winn-Dixie’s dumpster and road kill. Yes, I said road kill! He is not a very picky guy and he enjoys not spending money on things that come free. He not only keeps the food for him and his bum buddies, but he also gives what he can away. Many people appreciate my brother and are thankful for him taking the time and digging the “good” stuff out and able to re-use it. He chose this life and he has no regrets. He is not a person who needs anything, just tries to live day-by-day and try’s to find what he can and makes others happy by doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment